High-level overview of changes/updates included in RiskSense Version 8.17.05, released on July 3, 2020.
The RiskSense platform Version 8.17.05 update includes the following features and enhancements:
- List View Enhancements
- Miscellaneous Changes
- Known Issues
- Notice for Users with Multiple Clients
Acunetix Metadata Added to Applications and Findings Views
The Operating System, Web Server, and Technologies fields have been added to Asset Details on the Applications page along with a filter for Operating System. On the Application Findings page, the CVE ID and Source Status provided by Acunetix have been added to Plugin Details.
Burp Metadata Added to Application Findings View
Confidence has been added to Plugin Details on the Application Findings page.
Edgescan Metadata Added to Host/Application Findings Views
Instance ID, Edgescan’s unique ID, has been added to Plugin Details for both Application Findings and Host Findings pages and is also filterable using the Plugin Instance ID filter.
Nessus Metadata Added to Hosts and Findings Views
Mac Address, FQDN, RDNS, Virtual Mac Address, and NetBIOS have been added to the Asset Details section on the Hosts page. On the Host Findings page, the scanner plugin Type, Family, Agent, and CPE were added to the Plugin Details section and were also made filterable. Plugin Version, Dependencies, Published On, and Updated At dates are also listed under Plugin Details. Port and Protocol were added below the Status of the finding in the Detail Pane. Policy Used and Authenticated Scan were added to the Recent Scans section on the Hosts page, which is the replacement of the Sources section.
Nexpose Metadata Added to Hosts and Findings Views
The Name, Vendor, Class, and Family of the Operating System have been added to Asset Details on the Hosts page. On the Host Findings page, the plugin Severity, Published On, and Updated At dates, PCI Compliance Status, and PCI Severity have been added to the Plugin Details section.
New Configuration Options for the Executive Dashboard’s Weaponization Funnel
In Summary mode, users now have the option to view counts in the funnel across All Findings (total), Unique Findings (scanner plugin-based only), or Unique CVEs (vulnerability-based only).
New Configuration Options for the Executive Dashboard’s Top 50 High-Impact Unique Findings Chart
Users now have the option to sort the top 50 findings by VRR or Finding Footprint via a toggle at the top of the widget. In addition, the View toggle changes the layout from a scatter plot to a table. View appears at the top right of the widget
List View Enhancements
Updated Default List View Layouts
The Host Findings, Application Findings, Groups, and Tags views have been simplified by reducing and rearranging the default column layouts in each page. Users have the option to re-enable any desired columns via the Settings popup.
Numerical-Based Filter Operator Updates
The logical operators for all filter categories based on number values have been unified to include the following options:
- exactly: Single-value matching.
- one of: Multiple-value matching from a list.
- between: Range of values matching.
- less than: Lower numerical value.
- greater than: Larger numerical value.
- present: Any non-zero value exists.
Date-Based Filter Operator Updates
The logical operators for all filter categories based on a date have been unified to include the following options:
- exactly: Single-date matching.
- one of: Multiple-date matching from a list.
- like: Dates matching partial information.
- wildcard: Any non-empty date.
- between: Range of dates matching.
- last X days: Dates matching the range from today going backward by a given number of days.
- before: Prior dates matching.
- after: Following dates matching.
Request/Response Details Under Detailed Information
Request URL has been added to the Request section for DAST type of application findings. Multiple Request/Response entries are now supported for a single application finding.
Reporting Terminology Updates
Vulnerability Risk Rating and related terminology has been updated in the Detailed Vulnerability, Asset Risk, and Executive Risk reports.
Patch View Click-Thru Retains Filters
Clicking through from the Patches view to an Assets or Findings view with a Network filter applied will now carry that filter through to the resultant page.
File Export Names Restricted to Alphanumeric
A corrected error message has been added to notify users when they attempt to enter an illegal character in an export name.
Other Fixed Issues
- Resolved a data truncation issue with Application Finding descriptions and detailed information; full descriptions are now shown, and detailed information is exportable via the Request/Response popup.
- Resolved a data export issue in the RiskSense API; exporting Hosts via the API now correctly overrides the existing column order using the fieldOrder.
- Resolved a user information display issue in the Users page; a Manager may not edit another user’s email address or username, and these fields have been disabled in the Edit User window, accordingly.
- Resolved a data display issue in the Host Findings and Application Findings pages; notes that contain special characters now have their text wrapped correctly to fit inside the Detail Pane.
- Resolved a redundancy in the Ransomware Funnel; the Trending section contained extraneous filters upon click-thru that have been removed.
- Dashboard widget settings reset for users that click the Back or Home button to return to a dashboard. These settings control the data displayed within individual widgets. Users can still successfully save widget settings as part of their custom dashboards.
Notice for Users with Multiple Clients
In an upcoming release, users with access to more than one client will see a new Multi-Client Dashboard. The new dashboard provides an overview of every client’s Overall RiskSense Security Score (RS³) over the last 30 days and allows users to compare the performance of their clients. The dashboard shows host and application data for all clients and presents a high-level view of the findings and assets associated with threats and software weaknesses. The update to the Multi-Client Dashboard also includes a new All Clients page that presents key summary metrics for each client. For more information, please contact customer support.
To help transition to our new features and schedule training, please contact your Customer Success account manager directly or send a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.